Sunday, January 1, 2012

Be a Better Blogger

In an effort to blog more, I've decided to take a new approach.  A Photo-A-Day.  Blogger resource websites recommend it, and amateur photography resource websites also encourage it.  So not only will I be a better blogger, but I will also be practicing my photography...which is very near and dear to my heart.

Some websites suggest picking a topic for each day of the week, but I don't want to limit myself and get frustrated if I can't capture "the day's" topic.  But I will make a promise to not post a picture on the same topic/subject two days in a row.  If I didn't have this "rule", there is a very real chance that you would get a picture of Lincoln every day of the week.

And I may occassionally post a video.

The photos may not always be taken on the same day of the post.  I got a analog fisheye camera for Christmas, and I would love to post some of those pictures...but I have to take the time to finish the roll and then develop it, so instant posting isn't possible for the fisheye.

I'm also in the hunt for a good mobile uploading app, so if anyone has suggestions, let me know.

In spirit of the New Year, I leave you with a photo from last night.  Brad happened to be taking a photo of Danny at the exact same using a flash, so that's what the odd light effect is.  And Maria is just stirring up trouble.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments: