Monday, October 25, 2010

Cold Weather Likes and Dislikes

I’m very much a “warm weather” person. I love visits and vacations in crisp, snowy places, but I don’t think I could live there. Granted, I’ve never tried...and I would like to try it someday, but if I find California winters disagreeable, then I’m confident that I could only tolerate “real” winters for a brief period.


While there are things that I dislike about the cold season, there are also things that I look forward to. So...below is my list of likes and dislikes during the “cold” times of the year:


Dislikes:

ripping myself from my warm, cozy bed in the morning

sitting on a cold toilet seat

waiting for the heater in my car to finally warm me up

limited outdoor adventures with the dogs (I don’t mind hiking around in the rain, but Lincoln always gives me a sour look)

means no more flip-flops for a while


Likes:

HOT CHOCOLATE TIME!

wood fires

wearing slippers

wearing hooded sweatshirts

curling up in a comfy spot to read a good book

the thrill when I wake up and see snow on the ground outside (Rare in the Bay Area, but awesome for the day or two when the conditions are perfect)

the crisp, clean air after a rain storm rolls through


I’m sure there are others. What are your favorite or least favorite things about the “cold season”?

No comments: