Monday, November 12, 2012

Fun with the Olloclip

I recently acquired an Olloclip.  This is a nifty little iPhone attachment that contains 3 different camera lens - fisheye, macro, and wide angle.  The macro is limited...but insane; you have to get uber close (within an inch for it to focus on your subject).  The fisheye is fun.  I haven't really found a whole lot of use for the wide-angle, but I'm sure it'll be useful.

I first tried it out at John Muir National Historic Site in Martinez.

Here are a couple from that day, but you can check out more of them at this link.





Yesterday, I played around with the Olloclip some more; this time at the Clayton Valley Pumpkin Farm.  They were busy setting up for Christmas season.  Lincoln and Chester (the resident dog) wandered around...finding things to pee on...while I searched for a subject to shoot.  They have an impressive patch of sunflowers which were basically done blooming and I was going to continue walking by but then I noticed a bee working on one of the flowers and just like that I settled on my photo subject.  The combination of the moving bees and the swaying plants made getting a clear macro shot nearly impossible.  To get the 15 photos I posted, I probably took near 50 photos.

Here's a sample, but check out all of them at this link.





Of course, none of this would be possible without the impressive compact camera on the iPhone.  I continue to be surprised by the quality and detail I can capture with this camera.

Olloclip's website

No comments: